BFCore®️ SPC Care and Maintenance.
BFCore®️ SPC Floor Cleaning Tips:
• Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle broom.
• Clean with a damp mop for everyday care.
• Wash the floor occasionally with a gentle (non-abrasive) floor cleaner – always follow cleaning product instructions and adhere to cautions before use.
• Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products. These may leave a dull film on your Flooring.
• When using a vacuum cleaner, disengage the beater bar or use the “bare floor” setting to avoid damaging your Flooring.
• Highly abrasive scrubbing tools are not recommended as they can damage your Flooring.
• Never use ammonia or bleach to clean your SPC Flooring.
• Due to the high temperatures, steam mops may cause damage to Vinyl Flooring. Review the manufacturer guidelines for your flooring before using a steam mop.
To Prevent Scuffs When Moving Furniture
• Make sure furniture legs are smooth and won’t mar your SPC floor.
• Replace any small, narrow, metal, or dome-shaped glides with smooth protectors that are in flat contact with the floor.
• Place heavy-duty furniture casters or cups at the contact points of furniture or appliances you don’t often move.
• Never push, pull, or drag furniture, appliances or other items across the floor. Always lift and carry.
• If you have to slide furniture or appliances, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across the panel.
How to Treat Stains & Spills on BFCore®️ SPC Flooring
Here are specific steps for challenging spills and stains. Unless stated otherwise, use a clean, white cloth or towel when cleaning SPC Flooring products. Always rinse the area with clean water as your final step. No matter how hard you try to avoid them, spills and stains happen. Common causes include blood, cats up, mustard, cleaners, dyes, food, juices, grass, rust and pet accidents. To remove these and more, follow these steps:
- Clean the area with SPC Flooring cleaner.
- Scrub with a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad.
- Rub with isopropyl alcohol. (Only for pen ink, permanent marker, nail polish, hair dye).
- For rust stains, treat with lemon juice or cream of tartar.
Harsh fluids can also stain your SPC Flooring. Some examples include dry cleaning fluids, lacquer, paint, nail polish, wood stains and varnish. Follow these steps to remove the spill:
- Gently rub the area with your finger or an eraser (avoid using sharp items, which can scratch your Flooring).
- Rub lightly with isopropyl alcohol on a clean, white cloth.
- If the satin still shows, use odourless mineral spirits or turpentine on a clean, white cloth.
- If the stain still shows, use a clean, white cloth to very carefully wipe the area with fingernail polish remover containing acetone.
- Scrub the area with a floor cleaner and a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad, following instructions on the label.
Bamboo CARE INSTRUCTIONS
Caring for Bamboo Family flooring is the same as for any timber flooring.
• Prevent dirt, grit and sand from getting inside your building as much as possible.
• Use a vacuum to remove loose dirt often
• Wipe up liquid or food spills promptly
• For general cleaning dip a clean cloth or sponge mop in cleaning solution and wring nearly dry. Clean floor and wipe dry with a towel as you go
• Keep high heels in good repair
• Put fabric-faced glides on the legs of ALL your furniture
• PLEASE DO NOT USE A STEAM CLEANER
We suggest that you prevent dirt, grit and sand from getting inside your building by using dirt-trapping walk-off mats in all entryways. Vacuum regularly, as often as you vacuum carpets.
To remove loose dirt and grit, dust mop, broom sweep, or vacuum. Using a vacuum is the best way to remove loose dirt. Using a dust mop or broom may simply push the loose dirt across the floor causing small scratches to appear. Wipe up liquid or food spills promptly with dry cloth or paper towels. Remove sticky residue (like jelly) with slightly dampened cloth. Other polyurethane safe cleaning products may be used as well. Products such as Window cleaners or other household cleaning products must not be used! They will damage your finish.
Keep high heels in good repair. Worn heels that have exposed metal will dent any floor surface, even concrete. Keep the doormats clean. Put fabric-faced glides on the legs of your furniture. They allow furniture to be moved easily without scuffing the floor. Do not place any luggage on your floor that has metal bottom supports. Sliding these types of items across the floor will cause scratches in the finish.