BFCore®️ SPC Care and Maintenance.
BFCore®️ SPC Floor Cleaning Tips:
• Remove loose dirt with a soft bristle broom.
• Clean with a damp mop for everyday care.
• Wash the floor occasionally with a gentle (non-abrasive) floor cleaner – always follow cleaning product instructions and adhere to cautions before use.
• Do not use detergents, abrasive cleaners or “mop and shine” products. These may leave a dull film on your Flooring.
• When using a vacuum cleaner, disengage the beater bar or use the “bare floor” setting to avoid damaging your Flooring.
• Highly abrasive scrubbing tools are not recommended as they can damage your Flooring.
• Never use ammonia or bleach to clean your SPC Flooring.
• Due to the high temperatures, steam mops may cause damage to Vinyl Flooring. Review the manufacturer guidelines for your flooring before using a steam mop.
To Prevent Scuffs When Moving Furniture
• Make sure furniture legs are smooth and won’t mar your SPC floor.
• Replace any small, narrow, metal, or dome-shaped glides with smooth protectors that are in flat contact with the floor.
• Place heavy-duty furniture casters or cups at the contact points of furniture or appliances you don’t often move.
• Never push, pull, or drag furniture, appliances or other items across the floor. Always lift and carry.
• If you have to slide furniture or appliances, lay a plywood panel on your floor and “walk” the item across the panel.
- Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays.
How to Treat Stains & Spills on BFCore®️ SPC Flooring
Here are specific steps for challenging spills and stains. Unless stated otherwise, use a clean, white cloth or towel when cleaning SPC Flooring products. Always rinse the area with clean water as your final step. No matter how hard you try to avoid them, spills and stains happen. Common causes include blood, cats up, mustard, cleaners, dyes, food, juices, grass, rust and pet accidents. To remove these and more, follow these steps:
- Clean the area with SPC Flooring cleaner.
- Scrub with a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad.
- Rub with isopropyl alcohol. (Only for pen ink, permanent marker, nail polish, hair dye).
- For rust stains, treat with lemon juice or cream of tartar.
Harsh fluids can also stain your SPC Flooring. Some examples include dry cleaning fluids, lacquer, paint, nail polish, wood stains and varnish. Follow these steps to remove the spill:
- Gently rub the area with your finger or an eraser (avoid using sharp items, which can scratch your Flooring).
- Rub lightly with isopropyl alcohol on a clean, white cloth.
- If the satin still shows, use odourless mineral spirits or turpentine on a clean, white cloth.
- If the stain still shows, use a clean, white cloth to very carefully wipe the area with fingernail polish remover containing acetone.
- Scrub the area with a floor cleaner and a nonabrasive white scrubbing pad, following instructions on the label.
Encased Bamboo® Care & Maintenance Guidelines
Bamboo Family flooring is treated with our unique scratch resistant coating, and its strength surpasses almost any other flooring in the world. Bamboo Family flooring is tough, but all hardwood flooring is pervious to dents, scratches, discoloration or other natural or man-made damage. Prevention is a big part of the care for bamboo floors.
Bamboo Family recommends you vacuum or sweep the floor on a regular basis or as needed to remove dirt, sand or grit.
Soak up spills immediately using a dry towel or dry mop.
For general cleaning, use a hardwood floor cleaner & hardwood floor mop.
Fit furniture legs with felt tips or protective caps. Fix rolling furniture with soft rubber casters. pick up heavy furniture or appliances; do not slide.
Keep pets nails trimmed to avoid excess scratching.
Limit direct sunlight on floor by using curtains and blinds in areas that are exposed to high UV rays.
Maintain relative humidity between 40%-60%.
Never wet-mop a bamboo floor. Standing water may cause permanent damage.
Never use any of the following products on your floor: ammonia-based cleaners, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, oil soap, abrasive cleaning soaps, or acidic materials such as vinegar. Never apply wax treatments to your floor.
Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances to prevent dirt and moisture from being tracked onto the floor. Area rugs are also recommended in front of kitchen sinks and in high traffic areas. Do not use rugs with solid rubber or vinyl backings. Rugs must be made of a breathable material to prevent moisture entrapment. We recommend using a breathable rug underlay. Mesh or grid patterns are best.
What is the best way to mop my Encased Bamboo® floor?
Never wet (or damp) mop your floor. Standing water can damage the floor. You may periodically use a very slightly dampened (near dry) mop to spot-clean; however excessive moisture will dull the finish. For bamboo flooring in the kitchen, place an area rug in front of the kitchen sink.
How can I protect the finish of my Encased bamboo® floor from wear over time?
Sweep and vacuum your floor regularly using a broom or dust mop. Brush or felt vacuum heads are recommended as opposed to vacuums with beater bars or hard heads. Use throw rugs both inside and outside doorways to prevent debris from being tracked onto floors. Keep pet’s claws trimmed to avoid excess scratches. Avoid contact with excess moisture. Avoid walking on your floors with cleats, sports shoes and high heels. Do not slide heavy furniture or appliances across the floor.
How do I fix a scratch on my finish?
If the scratch is white, the finish has not been compromised and is repairable. Simply using a flooring cleaner, should eliminate these blemishes. If the scratch is deeper but the raw wood is not exposed, light buffing with a white polishing pad can shine up the dull area. Often the damage becomes less obvious. When removing stains from any wood floor, always begin at the outer edge of the stain and work toward the middle.
My wood floor was damaged through the finish. Can it be repaired?
If you have a minor chip or slight damage, this may be minimized with a coloured wax. If the damage is severe enough, board replacement is typically the best option.
Can I refinish my Encased Bamboo® Flooring?
Major modifications are not recommended and are never a guaranteed solution; all repairs are unique. Excessive sanding is not covered under warranty. Nevertheless, the method of refinishing Bamboo Family Flooring is the same as any hardwood flooring.
Can I put heavy furniture on floated flooring?
Heavy furniture (220 kg) may obstruct the free, natural movement of a floated floor. Restricting this movement in certain areas can lead to problems such as buckling or separation when the floor experiences natural expansion and/or contraction.
Occasional Flooring Noise
Floor noise is normal and will vary from one installation type to the next. Occasional noise is due to structural movement and may relate to sub-floor type, flatness, deflection, and/or related to the fasteners, changes in environmental conditions, relative humidity and the amount of topside pressure applied to the flooring. For these reasons floor noise is not considered a product or manufacturer defect.